Saturday, September 3, 2011

No matter what... I love you, always

"Despite any obstacles that come our way
and all the many differences we've shared,
I find myself loving you more with time.
I love you when our moods vary
and when our opinions go in opposite directions.
I love you when your ideas
aren't quite the same as mine
and our beliefs clash.

I love you when you take a stand
on what you feel is absolutely right,
even if I don't feel the same way.
I even love you when you're tired and grumpy
and don't want much to do with me
at that moment.

What I'm trying to say is that
I love you no matter what,
even as we struggle to be
our own individuals.

It doesn't matter how different we may be.
As I've spent more and more
time by your side,
I've learned that I love you most
of all because you are different
from me and can express it.

I love you for what you believe,
for the emotions you feel,
and for the ideas that help me
open my own mind
to possibilities I haven't yet explored."


* I found this card at the card store and I instantly teared up. I knew it was the perfect card for my boyfriend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment